Links to sites of interest for financial and securities regulators, AMLCFT monitoring bodies, international supervisory bodies and other parties
The following links are to websites of the Isle of Man government, parliament, courts, registers, news and other useful sources of information. The Financial Supervision Commission hopes that these links will assist a wide range of enquirers. However, the links are principally to assist fellow regulators and other members of IOSCO to access publicly available information, as well as facilitating the due diligence process.
The Isle of Man does not have a stock exchange.
Isle of Man regulatory and licensing bodies
- http://www.fsc.gov.im/ - Financial Supervision Commission – The regulator of financial services businesses in the Isle of Man, excluding insurance and pensions businesses. Includes links to anti money laundering, public warnings, licenceholders' register and licence fees.
- http://www.gov.im/ipa/ - Insurance and Pensions Authority – The regulator of insurance and pensions businesses in the Isle of Man.
- http://www.gov.im/gambling/ - Gambling Supervision Commission – The Isle of Man’s supervisor of gambling and e-gaming.
- http://www.gov.im/oft/info/Business_pubs_info/Licence_Apps/moneylenders.xml - Moneylenders registration.
- http://www.gov.im/government/boards/cc.xml - Communications Commission - Responsible for the licensing and regulation of telecommunications and broadcasting in the Isle of Man.
Isle of Man Government Registries
- http://www.gov.im/registries/general/deedsandpro.xml - Deeds and probate registry
- http://www.gov.im/registries/general/landreg.xml - Land registry
- http://www.gov.im/registries/general/civilregistry/welcome.xml - Registry for births, deaths and marriages
- http://www.gov.im/registries/courts/charities/index.xml - Charities register
- http://www.gov.im/ded/Aircraft/ - Aircraft registry
- http://www.gov.im/ded/companies/companiesregistry.xml - Companies registry
- http://www.gov.im/ded/shipregistry/ - Shipping registry
Other Isle of Man Government links
- http://www.gov.im/ - Government home-page. This contains links to other pages, news items etc
- http://www.gov.im/oft/ombudsman/ - Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme
- http://www.gov.im/oft/ - Office of Fair Trading
- http://www.gov.im/post/ - Post Office
- http://www.gov.im/odps/ - Office of the Data Protection Supervisor
- http://www.gov.im/ded/iomfilm/ - Film Commission
- http://www.gov.im/fcu/?menu=fcuhome - Financial Crime Unit
- http://www.gov.im/ded/employmentRights/workpermits.xml - Work permits
- http://www.gov.im/iomfinance/ - Financial services development
- http://www.gov.im/treasury/ - Treasury (including tax)
- http://www.gov.im/treasury/customs/ - Customs and excise
- http://www.gov.im/infocentre/acts/ - Legislation
- http://www.gov.im/lib/docs/cso/governmentstrategicplan200711.pdf - Government strategic plan 2007 – 2011
- http://www.gov.im/ebusiness/spacesector.xml - Space sector
- http://www.gov.im/dha/police/ - Police
- http://www.fsc.gov.im/enforcement/disqualified_directors.xml - Disqualified company directors
Isle of Man parliament
- http://www.tynwald.org.im/ - Tynwald – the parliament of the Isle of Man. This contains links to Order papers, Question papers, Hansard reports etc.
Isle of Man courts of justice
- http://www.courts.im/ - Isle of Man Courts of Justice. This contains links to all recent court judgments.
External Site Disclaimer - The following links take you to sites that are not maintained or endorsed by Isle of Man Public Services which accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or currency of information provided on these sites.
Isle of Man non-government links
- http://www.manxtelecom.com/directory.aspx - Telephone directory
- http://www.iomtoday.co.im/ - Isle of Man Newspapers
- http://www.manxradio.com/ - Manx Radio
- http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/isleofman/hi/ - BBC in the Isle of Man
- http://www.archive.official-documents.co.uk/document/cm41/4109/4109-i.htm - 1998 Review of Financial Regulation in the Crown Dependencies by Andrew Edwards
- http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/scr/2003/cr03367.pdf - 2003 IMF review
- http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/scr/2009/cr09275.pdf - 2009 IMF financial stability review
- http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/scr/2009/cr09278.pdf - 2009 IMF AML/CFT review
- http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/d/foot_review_main.pdf - 2009 review of British offshore financial centres by Mr Michael Foot (commissioned by UK Treasury)
Other non-Isle of Man websites
- http://www.bis.org/ - Bank for International Settlements
- http://www.fatf-gafi.org/pages/0,2987,en_32250379_32235720_1_1_1_1_1,00.html – Financial Action Task Force
- http://www.iosco.org/ - International Organisation of Securities Commissions
- http://www.iosco.org/investor_alerts/ - IOSCO Investor Alerts Portal
- http://www.justice.gov.uk/about/crowndependencies.htm - UK Ministry of Justice information about Crown Dependencies. The Isle of Man is a British Crown Dependency, along with the Bailiwicks of Guernsey and Jersey.
- http://www.londonstockexchange.com/home/homepage.htm - London Stock Exchange and http://www.plusmarketsgroup.com/ - PLUS markets. The Isle of Man does NOT have a stock exchange.
- http://www.gifcs.org/ - Group of International Financial Centre Supervisors (formerly known as OGBS - Offshore Group of Banking Supervisors)
- Other regulators (including “home” regulators of entities licensed by the Financial Supervision Commission)